CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Girls Weekend!





I know i'm a little tad late posting this but its better late then never. I have to say I had a great time visiting with my Mom, my sister Susan and my 2 nieces Kourtney and Sierra. It had been a year since I had seen my sister and nieces. It was great being able to catch up. So friday the 8th we headed to Salt Lake City for the weekend. When we first got there we went on a tour of the Conference Center. It was my sisters and my nieces first time there. We had the best tour guide ever. At the end of the tour we were able to sit and listen to the Organ Recital. It was amazing being able to sit and listen for a few minutes. After the conference center we headed to the Church History Museum. That has to be one of my favorite Museums ever. My favorite part has to be about all the Prophets. They have personal belongings from each of the prophets. Its nice being able to see and read about each of them. SO after we finished with all that it was off to Temple Square, we walked around for a little while then ended up at Joseph Smith Memorial Building where we went and watched The Joseph Smith film. It was my 3rd time seeing and I loved seeing it again. I remember when I went last October with my parents I told them after the movie that I was extremely greatful that I was lucky enough to be brought up in the church. So friday was a pretty busy day, we headed for dinner then it was back to the hotel to kick back and relax. Saturday my mom and sister did a session at the salt lake temple. I was able to spend time with my nieces, we walked around Temple Square and toured each of the visitors centers. Then after that we went down to Toole, they have the best beef jerky there so we had to stop and get some. We drove up to This is the place monument but we got there too late to walk around. So we just walked around the monument. As we were driving back my mom noticed that she was having some car troubles. So we stopped off at a car dealer ship and they sent us off to another place. So what was suppost to be a short vacation turned into another few days. I was greatful to have more time with my mom and sister and my 2 nieces. I don't get to see them all that much so it was nice having extra time with them. Even tho the week they were here I had to work but I was able to have lunch with them and Kourtney was able to spend time with a friend of hers back home that was down here in Utah. I just have to say I love my family and I wish I could see them a lot more. I hope you guys enjoy the pics from Temple Square. I Hope I have more updates in the future with more family!!!

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Looks like you had a great time in SLC!

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Glad you were able to spend time with some of the girls in your family! I still haven't even yet seen the Joseph Smith movie, and you've seen it 3 times already! Wow!