CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I baked yet again!


So don't fall over laughing but I did bake again. I think i'm turning into a really domestic wife. Last night I made Peach Cobbler with fresh peaches. We got peaches from Mick and Jen. I was really excited so I called my mom up and asked for her recipe for peach cobbler. I remember having cobbler a lot growing up. We would have all kinds of cobblers from cherry to blackberry to peach! They were all super yummie. So after Cody and I had dinner last night I started baking and found this recipe to be super easy! I'm finding that I love to bake now. So every weekend I get off i'm going to try to bake something new! So here is that yummie recipe for peach cobbler.

Peach Cobbler

1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups sliced peaches (about 6 medium) sometimes I put in extra
1 teaspoon lemon juice

3 tablespoons shortening (I never have this one so I would use butter)
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep peach mixture hot in oven. (I don't always do this)

Cut shortening into flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.

Bake until topping is golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve warm and, if desired, with whipped cream or ice cream.

9 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Thanks for the recipe BreAnne, I'm going to try it- maybe today! forget about free food day!

BreAnne said...

It was so good! I wish I had some cool whip to go on top!

Tawna said...

Sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it sometime. I want to cook more too. Once I get some money, I'll do more of it. Love and miss you guys!

Mom said...

Good job BreAnne!!! It looks great and I am glad that you guys enjoyed it. Have a good one.
Love ya,
Mom

Mom said...

Good job BreAnne!!! Looks great, just like it is supposed to. Glad that you enjoy baking, you took something after me!!!!!!
Love ya,
Mom

Sunshine Designed said...

We made it and it was delicious! We were wishing it wasn't the Sabbath, so we could run and get some vanilla Ice Cream- Next time.

Krysten said...

YUM! Did you save me some? I seriously need to get some fresh peaches and make this. I have been craving it ever since we talked on the phone about it.

BreAnne said...

Of course I saved you some Krys! But you have to come here and get it!

Krysten said...

Dang I knew there was a catch!